Monday, May 9, 2011

I already knew but now I know

   I will never be able to DM a game of D&D 3.5. Probably the only system of D&D that I can tolerate DM will end up being the classic versions. This is of course not much of a problem as I was not planning to DM anything but to start with but now I have cause.
   I am currently making what will basically be NPCs.and I am sure that there are a great number of ways to make it easier and such but I can't help trying to make them good. Before this I have never tried to make more then a single character at a time. This is perfectly fine for me. I can be a player and do all that no problem. Anything more and it quickly spirals out of control for me.
   I have looked at classic D&D and easily imagine being able to DM it but 3.5 is not my cup of tea. I don't know how others manage it. My DM uses a laptop that auto generates basic enemy's and such so I guess that would help but in the end I realize it would be no fun for me. Nothing surprising coming out of this revelation but putting it in writing will help it sink in better so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment