Monday, July 11, 2011

Labyrinth Lord Cover to Cover: Part 7, page 11, The Fighter

For this series of posts I will be using the free PDF of the 
Labyrinth Lord rules that can be found Here at Goblinoid Games
This is the seventh part of a series, here are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,  4th, 5th, and 6th part

The Fighter

   The most basic of classes to play. No requirements nor special abilities till level 15. Its not even a supernatural type of abilities, just an extra attack a round at 15 and every five levels after to a max of four total attacks a round. Their prime requisite is Strength and have a d8 hit die, the highest matched only by the dwarf.
   Now if your angry at me calling it the most basic class because that may be seen as calling it easy don't worry I am not. Just because its a no frills added class doesn't mean one jot about how easy it is. In fact in some ways it could be considered harder! Roll low and you don't have any special things to make up for it. You could end up with a single hit point at first level and that is all you have then! Now they can of course use any kind of weapon or armor but that is not much consolation when your expected to lead the part into unknown danger.
   Ironically I actually have a harder time with straight melee characters. I just end up dead to much. Its probably something in the way I play them but I don't know what. Its not tactics which is something you should understand at least the basics of and its not me blundering into danger unprepared. Well whatever it is I will probably figure it out eventually. Till then I will probably stick with ranged characters which is an option with fighters. You can use any weapon and a bow is a weapon after all.



This is the seventh part of a series, here are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,  4th, 5th, and 6th part
Labyrinth Lord rules that can be found Here at Goblinoid Games

No comments:

Post a Comment